Twelve students representing four states and nine Texas cities will assume senior leadership roles in the Corps of Cadets next year.
COLLEGE STATION, Mar. 10, 2023 – The largest, oldest, and most visible student organization at Texas A&M University— the Corps of Cadets—has selected their senior leadership for the 2023-2024 school year.
Four cadets were identified to fill the most senior leadership positions of Corps Commander, Deputy Corps Commander, Chief of Staff and Sergeant Major:
- Corps Commander: Caitlynn Walsh, Double Oak, Texas.
- Deputy Corps Commander: Klayton House, Athens, Texas .
- Chief of Staff: Callie Guest, Cypress, Texas.
- Sergeant Major: Deandre Macri, Fort Huachuca, Arizona.
Cadets complete a thorough selection process that consists of an application and an interview with a panel of peers and staff. All applicants are evaluated on academic performance, performance in the Corps, success in previous leadership positions, peer/staff evaluations, and their leadership vision for the future.
To position the Corps of Cadets for continued and sustained growth over the next several years, the Corps of Cadets will realign the organizational structure beginning with the 2023-2024 school year. The realignment of the Corps structure provides a greater span of control across the organization while positioning the Corps for long-term, sustainable growth.
Eight cadets were selected to serve as Major Unit Commanders or Sergeants Major for the Corps’ four major units:
- 1st Brigade Commander: Ethan Finney, Fort Rucker, Alabama.
- 1st Brigade Sergeant Major: Caleb Riggs, Alice, Texas.
- 1st Regiment Commander: Graham Wolfe, Fort Worth, Texas.
- 1st Regiment Sergeant Major: James Guandolo, Dallas, Texas.
- 1st Wing Commander: Rebecca Collins, Cameron, Texas.
- 1st Wing Sergeant Major: McKinsey Bosman, Glen Arbor, Michigan.
- Aggie Band Commander: Daniel Mackenzie, McKinney, Texas.
- Aggie Band Sergeant Major: Tristan Lanclos, Katy, Texas.
Media contact: Amy Thompson, Texas A&M University Corps of Cadets, 979-862-1922, firstname.lastname@example.org.