Update from the Commandant to class of ’24 Parents & Families
Tuesday, August 11 – Tuesday, August 18, 2020
FOW Check-In: Tuesday, August 11 at Duncan Dining Hall on the Quad
Wings/Fightin’ Texas Aggie Band/Delta Company check in between 8:00 am and 11:00 am
Brigades/Regiments check in between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm
View your outfit’s assigned check-in time at FOW Check In Times
*You will not be allowed to check in until your assigned time. If you are unsure of your outfit assignment, contact Corps Recruiting at (979) 862-2862.
Please be aware:
- Face coverings are required per state and university policies. A face covering must be worn throughout FOW check-in on August 11 and for all events following as specified.
- Every student that arrives for FOW check-in will be screened for COVID-19.
Due to COVID-19 protocols:
- Family members will not be allowed to accompany their cadet into Duncan Dining Hall for FOW check-in, unless the cadet is a minor.
- If the cadet is a minor, they can have one parent/legal guardian accompany them during check-in.
- Family members will not be able to congregate on the Quad while waiting for their cadet to complete the check-in process.
- Family members are encouraged to utilize other facilities on campus (including the Memorial Student Center, Rudder Tower Complex and the Corps Center) while waiting for their cadet to complete the check-in process.
- Only cadets will be allowed in the dorms and Leadership Learning Centers (LLCs) during FOW check-in and move-in. Family members will not be allowed in dorms or LLCs and will need to plan accordingly. Family members will have the opportunity to see their cadet prior to leaving campus.
Before arriving on campus for FOW:
- All freshman cadets must get a physical and complete a Corps of Cadets Report of Initial Medical / Psychological Form prior to arrival to campus.
- Access the Report of Initial Medical / Psychological Form under Forms & Links section. If you have questions regarding the form, contact the Corps Operations and Training Office at (979) 862-4311.
- Have the form completed by your physician and email the completed form to email@example.com. Your email should include your name and a good contact phone number in case follow up is needed.
- All forms must be completed and submitted to Corps Operations and Training prior to your arrival for Freshman Orientation Week on August 11.
- Complete all ROTC inbound cadet forms under Forms & Links Section. Utilize the contact numbers and emails listed on the respective Texas A&M ROTC websites if you have any questions.
- If you haven’t already, go to myaggiecard.tamu.edu and submit a picture for your student ID.
- All male freshman cadets must get a haircut (a “high fade” with no more than 1 inch of hair on top)
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all freshmen must arrive to FOW with a fresh haircut that looks like the ones pictured below.
In accordance with university policy and at direction of the Provost (view message here), DO NOT come to campus if you:
- have been diagnosed with or received a positive test result for COVID-19;
- are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (as listed on the CDC website); or
- believe that you have been in close contact (defined as being within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes regardless of wearing a face covering) with someone who has or is suspected to have COVID-19, or someone in your household (including a roommate or housemate) has been diagnosed with or received a positive test result for COVID-19.
Where to Arrive for FOW Check-In
Click the photo to visit aggiemaps.tamu.edu for directions to Lot 40. Once you arrive at Lot 40 a current cadet will be there to greet you and will provide you with additional instructions.