Thirteen students representing four states and ten Texas cities will assume senior leadership roles in the Corps of Cadets next year.
COLLEGE STATION, Feb. 22, 2022 – The largest, oldest, and most visible student organization at Texas A&M University— the Corps of Cadets—has selected their senior leadership for the 2022-2023 school year.
Three cadets were identified to fill the most senior leadership positions of Corps Commander, Deputy Corps Commander and Chief of Staff:
- Corps Commander: Grayson Winchester, Fort Worth, TX.
- Deputy Corps Commander: Daniel Proudman, Hopkinton, MA.
- Chief of Staff: Chase Johnson. Allen, TX.
Cadets complete a thorough selection process that consists of an application and an interview with a panel of peers and staff. All applicants are evaluated on academic performance, performance in the Corps, success in previous leadership positions, peer/staff evaluations, and their leadership vision for the future.
Ten cadets were also selected to serve as Major Unit Commanders for the Corps’ ten major units:
- 1st Brigade Commander: Parker Teague, Huffman, TX.
- 2nd Brigade Commander: Jake Leible, College Station, TX.
- 3rd Brigade Commander: Bailey LaMotte, Belton, TX.
- 1st Regiment Commander: Ethan Hasty, Prosper, TX.
- 2nd Regiment Commander: Lauren Langenberg, Grapevine, TX.
- 3rd Regiment Commander: Ryan Applebee, Windsor, CO.
- 1st Wing Commander: Benjamin “Wyatt” Spangler, Liberty Hill, TX.
- 2nd Wing Commander: Joseph “Joey” Andruss, Victoria, TX.
- 3rd Wing Commander: Alexis “Lexi” Rickard, Chantilly, VA.
- Aggie Band Commander: Cameron Paladino, Tahoka, TX.
Media contact: Amy Thompson, Texas A&M University Corps of Cadets, 979-862-1922, firstname.lastname@example.org.