Leslie L. Appelt 1941
Leslie Appelt received his Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from Texas A&M. After graduation, he served in World War II with the 371st Engineer Construction Battalion, rising to the rank of Major.
A business and civic leader of great vision and creativity, Appelt began his long and distinguished career in commercial real estate development and property management.
He served as General Partner, with full asset management responsibility, in five real estate investment development properties and was the Consultant to Jancintoport Corporation and served as Director and Vice President of Service Tool & Supply Company.
Mays helped develop the Texas A&M Foundation in the cornerstone of the university that it is today, serving as Trustee Emeritus in 1989. He was President of The Association of Former Students in 1971 and Chairman of the Texas A&M Development Foundation Board of Trustees. His ideas and initial funding resulted in creation of the Appelt Aggieland Visitor Center and the Private Enterprise Research Center at Texas A&M.
Appelt also served on the President’s Council and numerous other University committees, and endowed two major university scholarships. He is an Association of Former Students Distinguished Alumnus.